Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: Seven Minutes

  1. #21
    Inactive Member travelinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2001
    Posts
    2,440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Pi?a:
    See what I mean. Trav and Gae can't defend the idiot in office so they try to distract and attack others.

    Frankly, I don't give a damn abbout speculation about what other's have done in the past. I care that we have actually seen our "leader" fold in the face of crisis.

    Go play distraction games in some other thread if you can't deal with his shutting down under stress.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Of course you don't. Comparing a Bush to all those lying liberal ass holes just might be a problem for you.

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Piña's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2001
    Posts
    1,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Trav

    Again, don't care about distraction arguments.

    If you can defend the coward in the oval then do so. Otherwise it's just more of the same hot air from you.

    (Quick Poll: How many thing trav will try and stay on subject and how many think he'll fall back on his usual bs? Hands please.)

  3. #23
    HB Forum Owner gae's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 16th, 2001
    Posts
    2,552
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Tomas,

    Please answer my questions.

  4. #24
    Inactive Member Piña's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2001
    Posts
    1,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okey Doke

    Originally posted by gae:
    Pina,
    Just curious. How long did it take FDR to react to Pearl Harbor? I know I could look it up, but you do such good research.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don?t know. Don?t care. If you want to talk about FDR go ahead. I?m talking about the deserter in chief.

    The statement "The country is under attack" is interesting and more than a bit ambigious. Source, please?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hardly ambiguous. How many ways can you interpret it in light of the fact that people are flying planes into the WTC? Are you suggesting that bush doesn?t have the faculties to put one and one together?

    But as for a source. I think probably the best would be from White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card himself as reported in the San Francisco Chronicle:

    <font size="1">White House Chief of Staff Andrew Card</font>
    So I was very uncomfortable about interrupting the president during one of his events ... so I wanted to think, how can I convey to the president the situation? And I made a conscious decision to state the facts and to offer editorial comment. And the facts, as I knew them, were -- since he knew about the first plane, I said, "a second plane hit the second tower." Those were the facts. And the editorial comment was, "America is under attack."
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
    (And if it's Michael Moore, your entire argument is moot.) And, what was Clinton told when the WTC was attacked the first time? Or when the Cole was attacked? Or the embassies overseas?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Again for purposes of this discussion I just don?t care.

    Crying inside for mommy? Credible source, please.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well since that?s my opinion, I would say me. It?s based upon his reactions to being told.

    <font size="1">Other observations were:</font>
    Descriptions vary greatly as to how Bush responded to the news. It is said he "blanched" [Richmond Times-Dispatch, 10/1/02], "the color drained from the president's face" [AP, 9/12/01 (D)], he "wore a bemused smile" [Orlando Sentinel, 9/12/01], "because visibly tense and serious" [Time, 9/12/01], and so on.

    <font size="1">From President Bush's Movements and Actions on 9/11 A very well documented analysis. Thanks for asking me to look it up!</font>
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">
    20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing, don'tcha think? Since you're so good at it, you ought to go back a few years and wonder why Clinton didn't take OBL from the Sudan when offered.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">An excellent topic for another thread. As far as this one is concerned I just don?t care.
    <font size="1"><font color="red">(Note to Trav: When you go to quote this out of context leave off the ?As far as this one is concerned? part.)</font></font>

  5. #25
    Inactive Member travelinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2001
    Posts
    2,440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Pi?a:

    (Quick Poll: How many thing trav will try and stay on subject and how many think he'll fall back on his usual bs? Hands please.)
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Don't care, this is your bull shit thread and I dont' consider you worth the effort.

  6. #26
    Inactive Member Piña's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2001
    Posts
    1,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Jumper

    You sure don't expect much of the man who is supposed to be the best of the best. I for one, would kind of like someone who didn't freeze up in the face of disaster.

    You know, someone with a spine.

  7. #27
    Inactive Member Piña's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2001
    Posts
    1,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Reason

    Yup, seven minutes after the second plane hit. Seven minutes after he was told that the country was under fucking attack.

    Seven minutes of sitting on his deserter ass crying inside for mommy.

    It's his fucking job to react, to get off his ass and do something like, oh I don't know, how about ACT LIKE A FUCKING PRESIDENT!

    But not our boy. What we get is seven minutes of deer in the headlights indecision. No finding out more information, no realizing that he might be a target and was putting 300 school kids at immediate risk, no acting like a real commander in chief. No nothing.

  8. #28
    Sheriff jumper69's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13th, 2001
    Posts
    1,950
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Post

    Pina,

    W? Best of the best? Hardly. But it is foolish to think that any HUMAN elected President is the best we have. I can think of one who might be best of the best but he won't run. McCain.

    All I'm saying is that I do not consider it the mark of the man that he paused 7 minutes to contemplate a heretofore unprecedented attack on our home soil. To the contrary, had he had a knee jerk reaction and "loosed the hounds" so to speak I would have been more worried.

  9. #29
    Inactive Member Piña's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12th, 2001
    Posts
    1,022
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Cincygreg

    He didn't know that it was an attack on civilians. He was told "the country is under attack".

    That's your hero for you.

  10. #30
    Inactive Member travelinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 19th, 2001
    Posts
    2,440
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Pi?a:
    Reason

    Yup, seven minutes after the second plane hit. Seven minutes after he was told that the country was under fucking attack.

    Seven minutes of sitting on his deserter ass crying inside for mommy.

    It's his fucking job to react, to get off his ass and do something like, oh I don't know, how about ACT LIKE A FUCKING PRESIDENT!

    But not our boy. What we get is seven minutes of deer in the headlights indecision. No finding out more information, no realizing that he might be a target and was putting 300 school kids at immediate risk, no acting like a real commander in chief. No nothing.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">At least he wasn't getting a blow job.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •